Provide managerial and administrative support to the Deputy Operations Manager, with a key responsibility in handling day-to-day activity issues and on-the-ground activity organization, for the successful and profitable running of activities and other specified travel products, to the standards stipulated in the Service Level Agreement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced Field guide and a passion for travel, to be required to do activities as necessary.
- Travel industry work experience, particularly within the field guide industry
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and vehicle permits and insurance
- Management, coaching / training experience desirable
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) in English
- A workable knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Reliable and responsible, with outstanding organizational and customer service skills
- You will also be expected to perform other duties from time to time which may fall outside the scope of your major duties and responsibilities but which may be required to be performed as business circumstances dictate.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Initiative to develop more efficient methods for Kruger operations
- A commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction
- An understanding of and belief in Responsible Travel philosophy
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of cross-department dependencies & ability to work productively with all areas of the business
- Flexible and adaptable to handle a multitude of tasks that may be on the go at the one time
- A capacity to take responsibility and make decisions independently
- The ability to oversee the resolution of emergency situations that may occur
- A sense of humour and a smile!
- To participate in regular management meetings
- Fleet management
- To potentially travel to SA Head Office on a frequent bases
- Be on call via mobile phone out of office hours
- Attend Operations functions outside office hours
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.